Face scrub plays a very important role in your beauty mechanism. Even after washing and cleansing your face every day, there are dead skin cells that cleansers miss out on. These face washes are not that effective at digging out the dirt that’s deeper in your skin. A body scrub is a very popular way to exfoliate your dry skin, and there are plenty of store-bought varieties to choose from. Otherwise, you can also make your very own homemade body scrub for dry skin using ingredients you already have in your storeroom. They are free from chemicals, preservatives, and are 100% natural products. Using homemade products saves money, time and gives effective results whether it a moisturizer, cleanser, or scrub.
1. Coffee Scrub For Dry Skin
It’s said that coffee is a popular ingredient for many body scrubs. They are effective at removing dead cells from the skin’s surface.
- 1/2 cup coffee grounds
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, warmed
- Add the coffee grounds and hot water to a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Add coconut oil to the bowl. If required, add more coffee grounds or more oil to get the consistency right.
- When you’re satisfied with the consistency, spoon the mixture into a container.
2. Brown Sugar Scrub
Brown sugar is an inexpensive and approachable ingredient that also does a great job of exfoliating your skin. Brown sugar is gentler on the skin than Epsom salt. This makes it an absolute ingredient for sensitive skin. The sugar granules will make your skin feel sticky, so be sure to rinse thoroughly after you’ve exfoliated.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil of your choice, such as coconut, jojoba, olive, almond, or grapeseed essential oils. (optional)
- Combine brown sugar and oil in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly. If needed, add more sugar or oil to get the consistency right.
- If desired, add one or two drops of your favorite essential oil, and stir it into the mixture.
- When you’re satisfied with the consistency of your scrub, spoon it into a container.
3. Sea Salt Scrub For Dry Skin
Salt has antibacterial properties that can be beneficial for some skin conditions. Salt is a preservative, so the sea salt scrub will be able to naturally preserve itself. Use ground sea salt because coarse sea salt can be too harsh on your skin. Sea salt scrubs can be too abrasive for sensitive skin. Also, be careful if you have a cut on your skin as the salt can sting.
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1/2 cup oil of your choice
- Essential oils (optional)
- Combine sea salt and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly. If required, add more salt or oil to get the consistency right.
- If desired, add one or two drops of your favorite essential oil and add it to the mixture.
- Once you’re satisfied with the consistency of your scrub, spoon it into a container.
4. Green Tea Sugar Scrub
Green tea is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties and may benefit your skin in several ways. It is said that green tea can reduce harm to the skin caused by sun damage.
- 2 tea bags green tea
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Add tea bags to hot water. Let the tea steep until it cools.
- While the tea is cooling, add brown sugar to a bowl.
- Add coconut oil and mix it with the sugar.
- Once the tea cools down, add it to the sugar mix. The tea must be cool.
- If the mixture is too crumbly, add more coconut oil. If it’s too soggy, add more brown sugar.
- When you’ve reached the desired consistency, spoon your scrub into a container
5. Honey Sugar Scrub
Honey has antibacterial property which help in repairing skin tissue and protects against UV damage, it also helps in killing germs on the skin. Honey can be combined with granules and oil to make a skin-nourishing body scrub. After massaging the scrub to your skin, be sure to rinse your skin off thoroughly to prevent stickiness.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Add brown sugar, coconut oil, and honey to a mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients, and add more coconut oil if it’s too crumbly.
- Once you’ve reached the desired consistency, spoon your scrub into a container.
6. Chocolate Scrub For Dry Skin
Chocolate is high in antioxidants and has anti-aging properties. It increases the production of collagen, also hydrates skin, and imparts a glow to the face making it silky soft.
- 3tbs melted dark chocolate
- Half cup coconut oil
- One cup of sugar
- 2tbs ground coffee
- Take three tablespoons of melted dark chocolate, one cup of granulated sugar, two tablespoons of ground coffee, and half-a-cup coconut oil.
- Mix all these ingredients and store them in an air-tight jar.
- When you want to use it, use spoonfuls in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for 6 to 8 seconds. Scrub away to reveal soft skin.
7. Coconut Milk And Almond Scrub
This scrub exfoliates the skin and helps reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Two cups of white clay
- One cup grounded oats
- Four tablespoons grounded almonds
- Coconut milk
- Combine two cups of white clay, one cup of grounded oats, four tablespoons grounded almonds, and two tablespoons finely grounded roses.
- Add coconut milk to form a paste.
- Use this as a face scrub for soft skin.
8. Tomato And Yoghurt Scrub
Tomato is considered an excellent fruit to remove tan easily from our skin. plus, the yogurt acts as a natural bleach that will lighten your skin tone. Thus, a combination of both will work well in removing the layer of tan from your dry skin.
- two teaspoon tomato pulp
- a spoon of lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply it over your face.
- Let it dry and then wash it away.
9. Coconut Oil And Lemon Scrub
Coconut oil is known as a good age-old skin tonic, on the other hand, lemon exfoliates and softens your skin. Oil-based scrubs are best suited for dry skin.
- ½ cup Coconut oil
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Take ½ cup of coconut oil.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar to it and mix well.
- Now add 1 tbsp lemon juice to this mixture.
- Scrub it all over your freshly washed face. Wash it off by splashing cold water on your face.
10. Multani Mitti And Aloevera Scrub
From providing a soothing cum cooling effect to helping reduce any rashes and get rid of tans, Multani Mitti is your best bet. Aloe vera gel, on the other hand, significantly helps lighten the skin and also works as a natural cleanser.
- Multani Mitti
- 1tbs aloe vera
- Rosewater/ any essential oil
- Mix two cups of Multani Mitti with one tablespoon of freshly extracted aloe vera gel.
- You can add a few drops of rose water or any of your favorite essential oils.
- Mix well to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to your face and scrub for four to five minutes before washing off with cold water.
Above are some homemade scrubs for dry skin and instructions to make them. But if you do not have enough time for making them, you can also buy them from here.
Also Read: Best Underarm Whitenning Creams